Friday, January 8, 2010

A Happy New Year

Happy New Year!

From everyone at our ryokan we wish you a happy new year!

So, as we passed Christmas and the end of the New Year approached, our ryokan was extremely busy.

We had many people from many different countries come to visit us, so I was really excited to spend the New Year’s Eve with everyone, but every day I had a lot of cleaning and laundry to do.

It’s too bad, I wanted to talk more to our guests, but communicating was hard to do.

Actually, I was really looking forward to spending Christmas, New Year’s and the New Year mochi making party together. Let me explain a little about making mochi. In Japan, at the end of the year we make mochi together. Mochi is rice that has been pounded into a sticky paste. We usually eat it on New Year’s Day. This year unfortunately, I didn’t have any time to do those things.

However, reflecting on this year, next year for 100% sure I will work towards satisfying my goals!

I hope that everyone continues to come to our ryokan!

No comments:

Post a Comment